Global Learning: Poverty and Development
Monday 23 June 2020, 2pm-5pm
Sir Thomas Rich’s, Gloucester GL2 0LF
How to book
Who should attend
Primary and secondary teachers with an interest in global learning.
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning helps UK schools make connections locally and globally, encouraging them to develop partnerships with schools in other countries and embed global learning in the classroom.
The second in our free Connecting Classrooms workshops looks at poverty and development in the context of global learning. Aimed at primary and secondary school teachers and support staff based in Gloucestershire schools and delivered by the British Council, delegates will:
- consider the state of the planet in terms of human well-being
- explore the contested meanings of the term ‘poverty’
- explore the contested meanings of the term ‘development’ and relate this to ‘poverty’
- consider a range of perspectives on priorities for the future
- consider the implications and opportunities for teaching and learning
For more information about Connecting Classrooms visit http://www.britishcouncil.org/education/schools/success-stories/connecting-classrooms.