Introduction to Global Learning
Monday 2 December 2019, 2pm-5pm
Sir Thomas Rich’s, Gloucester GL2 0LF
How to book
Who should attend
Primary and secondary teachers with an interest in global learning.
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning helps UK schools make connections locally and globally, encouraging them to develop partnerships with schools in other countries and embed global learning in the classroom.
This free introductory workshop is aimed at primary and secondary school teachers and support staff based in Gloucestershire schools who are interested in finding out more about global learning, and is delivered by the British Council. The workshop will consider what is meant by global learning, and how this relates to your school vision. Delegates will:
- gain an overview of what global learning can offer to your staff and students
- develop a deeper understanding of global learning in the curriculum and apply this to in-school experience by considering change in the curriculum
- become familiar with change processes and opportunities through the curriculum
- explore and challenge dominant images and perceptions of people living in poverty
- present and discuss materials that explore a variety of images and perspectives
- reflect on how to adapt materials and apply learning to your school context
For more information about Connecting Classrooms visit http://www.britishcouncil.org/education/schools/success-stories/connecting-classrooms.