Teacher Subject Specialism Training - MFL
Spring 2020 – date TBC
Stroud High School GL5 4HF
Free (to qualified teachers who meet the entry criteria).
How to book
To apply contact Jane Thornton, Assistant Head at Stroud High School, on JThornton@stroudhigh.gloucs.sch.uk.
In your email, please specify:
a) The name of your current employer, your level of experience and which languages you teach;
b) Which other languages you would like to enhance your knowledge of; and
c) What your CPD needs are and what you would like to get from the course.
Who should attend
Secondary MFL teachers and teachers in other subjects whose initial training was not in MFL.
The Sir Thomas Rich’s Teaching School Alliance, in partnership with Stroud High School, has been successful in securing funding to develop the Modern Foreign Languages skills of secondary teachers. Training is available in French, Spanish or German.
- to enhance linguistic skills to give confidence to teach Modern Foreign Languages
- to inspire enthusiasm for Modern Foreign Languages
- to provide teachers with up-to-date pedagogical strategies in Modern Foreign Languages teaching
- to train staff to be able to deliver Modern Foreign Languages content
- to provide mentoring and coaching to candidates throughout the course, including observations of teaching
- to provide high quality training which is responsive to the needs of the applicant
All of the sessions will be delivered by experienced teachers. This Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) course is aimed at secondary teachers with QTS in any of the following categories:
- teachers whose initial training was not in secondary Modern Foreign Languages
- teachers returning to teaching after a career break
- existing MFL teachers who would like to enhance their knowledge of French, Spanish or German in order to be able to teach another language