Specialist Leaders of Education
Sir Thomas Rich’s Teaching School Alliance is currently recruiting Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) in:
- Behaviour & Safeguarding
SLEs are middle or senior leaders who offer their skills and support to teachers and departments in other schools. They focus on developing leadership capacity in other teachers, so that they have the skills to lead their own teams and improve practice in their own schools. The role lasts for four years, and time commitments can vary but will be agreed with successful SLE applicants and their Headteachers.
To apply you must:
- have at least two years’ experience in a leadership role within a school or academy
- have excellent knowledge in your chosen field of expertise
- be able to demonstrate how you have led within your specialist area
- be able to provide evidence of the impact this has had in your own school or across a group of schools
- show commitment to outreach work
- have the capacity to undertake this outreach work with the support of your Headteacher.
Information on SLEs and guidance in making your application is available from the National College for Teaching and Leadership:
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming an SLE with Sir Thomas Rich’s Teaching School Alliance and would like to apply, please complete the application form, available from the National College for Teaching and Leadership, and send it to:
Debbie Brake, Deputy Head
Sir Thomas Rich’s Gloucester
Gloucester GL2 0LF
Or email it to email@example.com.