Vacancies: Business Admin and Property Maintenance Apprentices
Posted by SJV - Wednesday 11 March 2020
We have two great Apprenticeship opportunities at Sir Thomas Rich’s in Business Administration and Property Maintenance. Both posts are being advertised on our behalf by Gloucestershire College, the training provider, and full details and details on how to apply can be found on the Gloscol website at the following links:
Business Administration Apprentice
The Business Administration apprentice will join our Support Staff team and learn all aspects of working in a busy school office environment, whilst studying towards a Business Administration qualification. This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic, willing person with a strong desire to work in an administration environment. You must be friendly, flexible and be prepared to work hard to support the whole school community including staff colleagues, pupils and parents. In return, our team of experienced school administrators in a variety of roles will support you in your apprenticeship helping you to successfully achieve your qualification in close liaison with Gloucestershire College. You will be set aside time (equivalent to one day per week) to complete your learning alongside assisting in a range of core duties to include the following.
Reception duties – you will assist the Receptionist every Thursday and Friday, covering lunch-times on these days by:
- Answering phone calls, email enquiries and greeting visitors to the School;
- Undertaking general admin duties ie photocopying, filing (paper and electronically);
- Using Word and Excel to create spreadsheets and other documents;
- Managing office post;
- Using School Information Management System (SIMS) and other software as essential tools to assist with your work;
- Administering basic first aid and medical assistance (following external training).
You will also familiarise yourself and assist as required with specific roles within the Business, including; finance, learning resources, trips, reprographics, examinations, admissions, HR, marketing, Clerk to Governors, events etc.
Property Maintenance Operative
This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic, willing person with a strong desire to work in a maintenance environment in a School setting. You must be friendly, flexible and be prepared to work hard alongside the site team and all other staff. A pleasant, courteous manner is of utmost importance due to the regular contact with staff, pupils and parents. The primary role of a Property Maintenance Operative is to optimise property condition and quality and to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition. You will gain an understanding of the mechanism of buildings including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment. You will provide first and immediate response to fault finding, whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. You will ensure prevention of major damage that could result in extensive costs and minimise reactive intervention. Duties will include:
- Health and safety compliance;
- Working safely at heights;
- Carrying out repairs to a building;
- Maintaining plumbing and drainage systems;
- Maintaining electrical distribution in a building;
- Maintaining plant, safety systems and equipment;
- Energy, environment and sustainability practices;
- Maintaining the outside of a building;
- Using specialist tools and equipment to carry out repairs;
- Assisting with morning unlocking and evening lock up on a rota basis;
- General site maintenance, ensuring the School looks its best at all times.
All posts are subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced criminal record check through the Disclosure and Barring Service.